[xmonad] screen resolution and xmobar

Ben Boeckel mathstuf at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 03:32:09 CEST 2013

On Wed, 26 Jun, 2013 at 17:40:49 GMT, Dmitri Iouchtchenko wrote:
> There is http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad-contrib/XMonad-Hooks-DynamicBars.html
> which can be used to restart xmobar when screens change. However, I
> run into https://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=538 when I
> try to use it. I've contacted the maintainer, who has confirmed that
> something weird is going on, but I haven't heard back since then.

Ack, sorry. I finally have a dual monitor setup at home to play around
with. I'll play around with the patch here once I track down a compile
issue in darcs (float redefined in X.StackSet?).

What to the maintainers think about applying the patch in the bug to
xmonad proper? Is xrandr something we can assume these days[1]? I don't
remember the status of it with the nvidia blob or frglx drivers and I'm
not sure how the new call would work on those setups.

--Ben

[1]It's non-optional in X11; I just don't know what the calls do if
xrandr isn't actually wired up.