[xmonad] prompt for clipboard history

adam vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 21:07:35 CEST 2013

Hi Donatella,

See responses inline:

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Donatella Quagli
<donatella.quagli at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Unfortunately I encountered some problems.
> One drawback is that the history is not shown before the first letter is typed.

I think if you use  mkComplFunFromList' instead of mkComplFunFromList
that'll give completions for no text.

> Another problem is that whitespace characters are not treated correctly.

Maybe the problem is your use of echo? If you try in your shell,
you'll see a difference between these two:

echo a b c   def
echo "a b c   def"

One way around this might involve System.Process, :

cmd r = do
  io (readProcess "xclip" [] r)
  return ()

Or maybe the right thing happens if you just add quotes to the shell command:

cmd r = spawn $ "echo '" ++ r ++ "' | xclip"

--
Adam