[xmonad] restackWindow / raiseWindow

Jochen Keil jochen.keil at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 11:00:41 CET 2013

Hello,

sorry for taking so long, life got in my way..

Nevertheless, here's a patch as a possible solution to the discussed problem.

A minor problem is that floating windows still have their stacking order
forced. However, I don't think that this behaviour can be changed easily.

Yet, the stacking order for tiled windows is now configurable freely on
a per-layout basis. This gives interesting new possibilities, especially
for small screens, like tiling expanded to the third dimension.

Best Wishes,

Jochen

1 patch for repository http://code.haskell.org/xmonad:

Sun Feb 24 10:43:28 CET 2013  jochen.keil at gmail.com
  * Move window stacking (z-axis) to the layout

  This implements a default policy for the stacking order of windows, much
  like the previous implementation. However, the old implementation forced
  the stacking order on every layout. Now this can be controlled
  separately by every layout itself. Floating will be still put on top of all
  other windows.