[xmonad] new

René Bastian rbastian at musiques-rb.org
Mon Dec 2 19:09:45 UTC 2013

Le Mon, 2 Dec 2013 12:32:15 -0500,
adam vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hello René,
>
> It looks like you have another window manager open. You can only have
> one at a time.
Yes: Gnome 2.30.2
I installed a recent xmonad (from tarball, etc.)
$ xmonad --version => xmonad 0.11
-- I think I am nearer but:
rbm at lenovo:~$ xmonad --replace
X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private
resource denied) Major opcode of failed request:  2
(X_ChangeWindowAttributes) Serial number of failed request:  7
gives the same.

!! After more then 10 years of Linux practice, I dont know how to not
lauch a wm :)

I tried the maintenance mode [black terminal after rebooting] - as root
and as user : it doesnt work ..

> I suggest upgrading xmonad to one that supports a
> --replace flag, (and then running  xmonad --replace), or using:

It seems the -- replace option of Version 0.11 has no effect.