[xmonad] MouseGestures and click events reaching apps, again

Jeff Lasslett jeff.lasslett at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 03:21:35 CEST 2013

Hello,

I asked this question a few days ago but haven't seen any replies.  I am
trying to setup a kiosk style app, with no keyboard.  I understand that
this is not how xmonad is typically used.  Perhaps xmonad is not the right
tool for my application but I thought I'd try it as it gets out of the way
and is quite light and stable.

I need to switch between windows/workspaces with a gesture on a
touchscreen, and still interact with my apps through the touchscreen only.
 There will be no keyboard,

For the most part I have succeeded, with the help of MouseGestures and
CycleWS.

The trouble is that clicks are no longer reaching the app (a browser for
example).  I have read through
https://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=225.  I am using xmonad
0.11 and I have set clickJustFocuses to False, but this hasn't soved my
problem.

Here's my xmonad.hs file :  https://gist.github.com/jefflasslett/5360705
Please let me know if using gist.github.com like this is a problem on the
list.

I want mouse click events (touch screen taps) that are not gestures to go
down to the windowed app.  How can I get this to happen?

Thanks,

Jeff Lasslett