[xmonad] How to prefix workspace names with numbers?

Ben Boeckel mathstuf at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 21:05:20 CEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 22:10:54 GMT, Jacek Generowicz wrote:
> For my personal use, OS X offered me 3 useful features.

<snip>

> 3. I close the lid: it goes to sleep; when I open the lid again, it
>    restores the session.

However, getting one to *not* do so[1] is a pain in the ass (kernel
patch required and needs reapplied after every kernel update).

> (Apple Mail is also immensely less sucky than any other (non-Emacs) mail
> client I have ever had the displeasure of using.)

I've got mutt and vim wired tightly together, but its more vim-with-mutt
than what you have with Emacs :) .

> BTW, can anyone recommend a Linux backup solution that Just Works?

There's obnam[1] that I've been eyeing, but have been unable to setup
yet (I've been lacking a landline Internet connection for two months now
:/ ) due to my FreeBSD machine being in the process of a rebuild (which
is paused do to it lacking Internet).

--Ben

[1]It was cheap from a coworker and I just need it to test that things
build and work on OS X. tmux and ssh do the job without having to deal
with the things I hate with its user interface (mouse-happy, crappy
keyboard modifier placement, a trackpad I hate using, no
focus-follows-mouse, and more).
[2]http://liw.fi/obnam/