[xmonad] ambiguous-atom_WM_TAKE_FOCUS

adam vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 17:01:47 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 10:17 AM,  <wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> I think the right thing to do in the presence of Adam's patch is just to
> remove X.H.ICCCMFocus, right? I'd happily apply such a patch once we can get
> the xmonad repository moving again.
>
> As for converting to darcs-2, I believe it was discussed and rejected
> before, but I vaguely recall it was because there was some concern that not
> everybody was using a darcs that was newer than v2 yet. Perhaps that has
> changed -- are there any objections to converting? If not, I'll do the
> conversion in, say, one week's time, so speak now or forever hold your
> peace.
>
> ~d

Hi Daniel and Carlos,

If we restrict imports on ICCMFocus (load it up in ghci
-ddump-minimal-imports and use the imports in the file it spits out)
you won't get any compile errors regardless of whether core has that
patch [0] applied.

For the next release, I think we should take care of that java
situation in core. Then ICCMFocus could just be removed / replaced by
functions that do nothing and (and have deprecated pragmas).

Finally, even if we don't use your code, thanks for prompting this discussion.

--
Adam