[xmonad] mupdf and llpp return from fullscreen

Audun Skaugen audunskaugen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 07:47:49 CEST 2012

På Tue, 26 Jun 2012 23:46:13 +0200, skrev Carsten Mattner
<carstenmattner at googlemail.com>:

> Thanks that seems to work for mupdf (and llpp).
> Do you plan to add the missing support to Layout.Fullscreen and
> remove the need for partially importing EwmhDesktops?

There is no missing support. You don't need EwmhDesktops to make this
module work, although it can be useful for other tasks involving the ewmh
protocol.

> I don't even seem to require the  isFullscreen -->
> fullscreenManageHook or doFullFloat rule.

The fullscreenManageHook is only for windows that spawn as fullscreen.
This is rare, so yes, you rarely need it. The doFullFloat rule should be
unnecessary.

> I didn't manage to add a doFloat rule for llpp but when I make
> it manually floating by moving the window with the mouse
> and go fullscreen and back by holding 'f' pressed it seems to
> somehow forget the size or not manage to act fast enough
> because llpp is more heavy on redrawing the window.
> Does that make any sense? It happens that llpp's window
> can be made zoomed or or too big on return rom fullscreen
> if you do it repeatedly by holding 'f' pressed. mupdf doesn't
> have that problem. This is not as important but maybe it's
> useful for you.

I'll look at it when I get home again. I'm going on holiday for a week
now, so I won't be as responsive.

--
Mvh
Audun Skaugen