[xmonad] mupdf and llpp return from fullscreen

Audun Skaugen audunskaugen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 23:17:20 CEST 2012

På Tue, 26 Jun 2012 23:04:38 +0200, skrev Carsten Mattner
<carstenmattner at googlemail.com>:

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM, Audun Skaugen <audunskaugen at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> På Tue, 26 Jun 2012 22:48:41 +0200, skrev Carsten Mattner
>> <carstenmattner at googlemail.com>:
>>

>>> See below for links to the fullscreen code in mupdf.
>>>
>>> generic code calling winfullscreen():
>>>
>>> http://git.ghostscript.com/?p=mupdf.git;a=blob;f=apps/pdfapp.c;h=d2c28927;hb=HEAD#l789
>>>
>>> X11 winfullscreen():
>>>
>>> http://git.ghostscript.com/?p=mupdf.git;a=blob;f=apps/x11_main.c;h=941afcfa;hb=HEAD#l325
>>>
>>> This might explain why mupdf works with EwmhDesktops's fullscreen
>>> hooks but not Layout.Fullscreen's.
>>

>> My bad, I assumed ubuntu had a recent enough version. I'll look at this
>> and
>> see if I what I can do.
>
> Building the git clone is simple. Get the thirdparty zip and extract it
> in the tree. After that simply run 'make build=release'.
>
> To be clear, EwmhDesktops makes mupdf's fullscreen work.
> Once Layout.Fullscreen support fullscreening mupdf does it
> mean that returning from fullscreen should prevent mupdf
> getting tiled?
>
> This is all independent of the mplayer move by border width issue, isn't
> it?
>
> Thanks for the help.

It was indeed easy to build a newer mupdf, and with this fullscreening
works a charm with both ewmhDesktops hook and the Layout.Fullscreen
module. Having an app to play with also made wonders. I realize the
problem!

You were of course trying to fullscreen a floating window. I should have
thought of this at once, but this is not supported by the fullscreenFull
modifier. To get this behaviour, you also need the fullscreenFloat
modifier, which is left out from the default because its implementation is
kind of hacky. I'll try to make the documentation be more explicit about
this (but not before I come back from holiday ;)

I attached a minimalish example config that makes it work, an has your
desired behaviour of returning floating fullscreened windows to floating.

You are also right about this being independent from the mplayer issue.

--
Audun Skaugen