[xmonad] mupdf and llpp return from fullscreen

Audun Skaugen audunskaugen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 10:31:43 CEST 2012

På Fri, 22 Jun 2012 22:27:12 +0200, skrev Carsten Mattner
<carstenmattner at googlemail.com>:

> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 8:57 PM, Carsten Mattner
> <carstenmattner at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> mupdf is configured doFloat and with isFullScreen --> doFullFloat and
>> smartBorders it
>> does perfectly go fullscreen. When I press 'f' again to return from
>> fullscreen the previously
>> floating mupdf window gets tiled. Same happens for llpp (mupdf based
>> pdf viewer). No
>> doFloat rule for llpp configured.
>>
>> What might be happening?
>
> I'm using handleEventHook = fullscreenEventHook
> from XMonad.Hooks.EwmhDesktops as otherwise pressing 'f'
> in mupdf doesn't make it fullscreen.
> Unsuccessfully tried fullscreenEventHook from XMonad.Layout.Fullscreen.

These are the normal behaviour from this setup, because the event hook
doesn't remember whether the window was tiled before fullscreening. In
order to get what you seem to want, you should use the
XMonad.Layout.Fullscreen module.

Note that merely using the fullscreenEventHook from that module isn't
enough. This hook merely enables the layout modifiers in the module to
work. To get the behaviour you want, add the event hook and the manage
hook from the module, and add the fullcsreenFull layout modifier to your
layout hook. See also the module documentation[1].

[1]:
http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad-contrib/XMonad-Layout-Fullscreen.html

--
Mvh