[xmonad] Prompt completion: Longest common string

Pablo Olmos de Aguilera Corradini pablo.olmosdeaguilera at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 20:16:58 CEST 2012

On 5 June 2012 08:54, Brent Yorgey <byorgey at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 03, 2012 at 12:06:20AM -0400, Pablo Olmos de Aguilera Corradini wrote:
>> Well, I don't know if I can be clear enough; I'm looking to be able to
>> "complete" when I press tab instead of cycle through every option.
>>
>> For example:
>>
>>    Run: gno
>>    a lot of output that starts with gnome-
>>
>> I would expect that pressing <Tab> turns gno to gnome-
>>
>> I've been looking trough the Xmonad.Prompt and Xmonad.Prompt.Shell in
>> the contrib docs, but I can't find the correct function to do it.
>
> Sadly, it seems the current behavior is hard-coded (see the
> 'completionHandle' function here:
>
>  http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad-contrib/src/XMonad-Prompt.html
>
> ) There doesn't seem to be a way to configure things to get the
> behavior you want.  It does seem like a sensible behavior though, and
> of course patches to XMonad.Prompt allowing it to be configured would
> be welcome.
>
> -Brent

Thanks for your kind answer :). I'm just learning haskell through
xmonad, so I guess it's gonna be some time before I get the enough
skill to do it, but I'll keep it in mind. It has been a real (and fun)
challenge to learn a functional language.

PS.- Nice xmonad.hs, I've been inspired a lot in it :)

Saludos!
--
Pablo Olmos de Aguilera Corradini - @PaBLoX
http://www.glatelier.org/