[xmonad] Prompt completion: Longest common string

Pablo Olmos de Aguilera Corradini pablo.olmosdeaguilera at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 06:06:20 CEST 2012

Well, I don't know if I can be clear enough; I'm looking to be able to
"complete" when I press tab instead of cycle through every option.

For example:

   Run: gno
   a lot of output that starts with gnome-

I would expect that pressing <Tab> turns gno to gnome-

I've been looking trough the Xmonad.Prompt and Xmonad.Prompt.Shell in
the contrib docs, but I can't find the correct function to do it.

I guess it have to do with 'mkComplFunFromList' or 'nextCompletion',
but I don't how (or where) to start :(

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Pablo Olmos de Aguilera Corradini - @PaBLoX
Linux User: #456971 - http://counter.li.org/