[xmonad] xmobar disappears

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 06:38:07 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Michael Norrish <
michael.norrish at nicta.com.au> wrote:

>  appName =? "xmobar" -->
>    (ask >>=
>     \win -> liftX (withDisplay $ \dpy -> io $ raiseWindow dpy win) >>
>     idHook)
>
> If the .xmobarrc has lowerOnStart set to True, the above doesn't help.
>  (Nor does the version with doFloat.)

It wouldn't; the lowerOnStart happens concurrently, and probably (but not
certainly) after the above.  I am a bit confused about how something that
typechecked in ghci here didn't work, but I'm still bringing this machine
back toward something resembling sanity and in particular its ghc and/or
xmonad may be slightly deranged (I'm waiting on the HP update that was
supposed to happen today).