[xmonad] xmobar disappears

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 04:55:30 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Michael Norrish <
michael.norrish at nicta.com.au> wrote:

>>     appName =? "xmobar" --> liftX . withDisplay . (io .) . flip
>> raiseWindow =<< ask
>>

> xmonad.hs:122:76:
>    Couldn't match expected type `Endo WindowSet' with actual type `()'
>    Expected type: Display -> Window -> IO (Endo WindowSet)
>      Actual type: Display -> Window -> IO ()
>    In the first argument of `flip', namely `raiseWindow'
>    In the second argument of `(.)', namely `flip raiseWindow'
>
> But I'll try to get back to the list with a version that works (for future
> reference).

*sigh* I always forget mangling it back to the type ManageHook expects...

    appName =? "xmobar" --> (liftX . withDisplay . (io .) . flip
raiseWindow =<< ask) <+> idHook

and may require extra parentheses depending on how you mix it into an
existing ManageHook.