[xmonad] Reset layout to default on last window close

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:18:24 CET 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:44, Alexander Batischev <eual.jp at gmail.com>wrote:

> I want workspace layout to reset to some default once last window is
> closed. Quick glance though Xmonad-related modules names didn't give me
> any hints on what hook (or some other facility) to use, so I'm seeking
> your advice, fellow Xmonaders: how can I accomplish that?

Use XMonad.Layout.LayoutCombinators; you want its version of the (|||)
operator so you can send the JumpToLayout message.

Beyond that, you want to use a handleEventHook which matches
DestroyWindowEvent and checks the contents of the current workspace; if
only one window is present, send the JumpToLayout message.  It should end
up being something like this (untested):