[xmonad] Lost XFT font support after updating Xmonad

Jose A. Ortega Ruiz jao at gnu.org
Mon Feb 13 20:14:26 CET 2012

On Mon, Feb 13 2012, Leo Alekseyev wrote:

> In the process of compiling the latest Xmobar from git, I needed to
> update my version of GHC to 7.0.4.  While I was at it, I also updated
> my Xmonad to 0.10.  Everything seems to run fine, but I lost the XFT
> font support (e.g. in Xmobar and in tab titles on tabbed layouts).
> Can anyone suggest a solution to bring XFT fonts back?
>
> I upgraded with something like
> cabal update
> cabal install xmonad
> cabal install xmonad-contrib --flags="-use_xft"
> cabal configure xmobar --flags="-with_xft"
> cabal install xmobar

i vaguely remember having had some issue in xmobar when specifying
-with_xft without -with_utf8 (which implies the former)... i didn't
ascertain the reason and thought the problem was mine, and it probably
was, but perhaps you could try anyway...

jao
--
"I didn't do it, and I'll never do it again."
 -Derrik Weeks