[xmonad] Lost XFT font support after updating Xmonad

Leo Alekseyev dnquark at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 09:29:39 CET 2012

In the process of compiling the latest Xmobar from git, I needed to
update my version of GHC to 7.0.4.  While I was at it, I also updated
my Xmonad to 0.10.  Everything seems to run fine, but I lost the XFT
font support (e.g. in Xmobar and in tab titles on tabbed layouts).
Can anyone suggest a solution to bring XFT fonts back?

I upgraded with something like
cabal update
cabal install xmonad
cabal install xmonad-contrib --flags="-use_xft"
cabal configure xmobar --flags="-with_xft"
cabal install xmobar