[xmonad] Problem with smartBorders, multiple screens, and fullscreen windows

Hans Chen hanswchen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 17:56:37 CET 2012

Hi ~d,

Thanks for trying to reproduce my results, I really appreciate it!

Oh, are you running mplayer in virtualbox? Can you reproduce this problem
> when running mplayer in xmonad directly? Is xmonad running on the guest or
> the host (or both)?

I realize now that I was unclear, sorry about that - no, mplayer and
virtualbox are two separate examples, I run mplayer directly (and let
xmonad handle the window). Same with virtualbox, xmonad is running on the
host and the guest OS is Windows XP.

> 2. More detailed reproduce steps:
>> - Run "mplayer /path/to/video/file" in a terminal on [screen 1]. A
>> floating
>> mplayer window should show up on [screen 1].
>> - Press "f" key to make mplayer fullscreen.
>>

> Nothing happens after this step! Perhaps we're playing with different
> versions of mplayer?

What do you mean with "nothing happens"? Doesn't mplayer fullscreen work at
all? Can you get e.g. VLC to do fullscreen? I have the same problem there.
I can also reproduce it with flashplayer, but that one's a bit different
since by default Flash will exit fullscreen when it loses focus.

With best regards,
Hans