[xmonad] How set new floating window gets on top ?

David Unric dunric29a at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 19:50:12 CEST 2012

Hi,

even with manageHook set to manageHook of defaultConfig, all new floating
windows created on workspace with simplestFloat or simpleFloat layouts
recieve focus but are placed _bellow_ current windows which I find very
frustrating.

For example on empty simplestFloat workspace I launch xterm, then launch
gvim. Gvim gets focus but appears behind xterm (bellow in window stack
sense).

Maybe I'm not smart enough but I can't find how to change this behaviour of
floating layout. I'd simply need all new floating windows are placed on top
of the stack.

Any idea ?

Thanks in an advance.

David