[xmonad] (not xmonad) Easy shift / ctrl / AltGR ... hack

Teika Kazura teika at lavabit.com
Sat Oct 8 08:13:20 CEST 2011

Hi. I wrote a hack which provides for example "space/shift dual role key". When you press the space key alone, it's a space; but when you press it with another key, it's a shift. Any pairs of keys are possible. This means your hands stay almost always at their home postion.

Keyboard oriented people may gain much from it. In my case, it lets me press Alt, Ctrl, and Shift with my thumbs. Now I can't type comfortably without it.

It's a fork of Xorg "evdev" driver (= xf86-input-evdev). For download and the details, visit the homepage[1]. Both tarball and git access are provided.

[1] http://gitorious.org/at-home-modifier/pages/Home

(If you happen to already be a user, today I released a new version 2.6.2.)

Pointers to Gentoo linux ebuild and ArchLinux AUR are on the website.

Any comments, both positive and negative, are more than welcome. Please give me a feedback. (I don't know how many have tried. ;)

With best regards.
Teika (Teika kazura)