[xmonad] XMonad and Gnome3

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Tue Nov 22 13:08:45 CET 2011

Joachim Breitner wrote:

> how exactly do you start your session – there are so many ways to do so.
> Also, do you have the GNOME configuration enabled?

myConfig = gnomeConfig
    { manageHook = manageHook gnomeConfig <+> composeAll myManageHook
    , startupHook = myStartupHook
    , modMask = mod4Mask
    , terminal = "uxterm"
    , focusFollowsMouse = False
    , layoutHook = myLayout
    } `additionalKeys` .....

> The latest xmonad packages in unstable have files included that allow
> you to select "GNOME3 + xmonad" in gdm3, this works fine here.

Thats whay I'm using. Works fine until I set either Circle of SimpleFLoat
as the first layout. Currently I have:

myLayout = simpleFloat ||| Circle ||| tiled ||| Mirror tiled ||| Full

Removing the first two an XMonad/Gnome3 starts correctly.

Erik