[xmonad] xmonad development

Allen S. Rout asr at ufl.edu
Tue Nov 8 16:02:49 CET 2011

Last on this:

On 11/07/2011 06:10 PM, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic wrote:
> On 8 November 2011 04:59, Allen S. Rout<asr at ufl.edu>  wrote:

> I'm not sure why so many people make a fuss about the Haskell
> Platform not having a release... I can understand not
> _communicating_ this by updating the website, but is it really that
> big a deal (especially as there's no reasons for Linux distro
> packagers to stick solely to Haskell Platform releases)?

Haskell Platform appears to be the face of haskell. This appearance
could be wrong, but it's certainly the most well-designed and
professional appearing haskell page I'd seen.

So: claiming a release, then not hitting it, then not even getting
around to retracting the claim, for months on end.  If that's the peak
performance of the haskell bunch putting on their best PR face, then
that suggests the community is moribund.

 From that PR look, there's no way to distinguish between that
impression and (say) a thriving collection of frequently maintained
codebases.  The latter seems closer to correct.

That's why people care about it.

- Allen S. Rout