[xmonad] GenerateManpage.hs doesn't work on Maverick

Karl Ljungkvist k.ljungkvist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 08:48:36 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to make a developement package of xmonad for ubuntu. When I run

runhaskell GenerateManpage.hs

under Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat), I get the following error:

GenerateManpage.hs: user error (Pattern match failure in do expression
at util/GenerateManpage.hs:79:4-17)

The following package versions are installed:
libghc6-pandoc-dev                       1.5.1.1-5build1
libghc6-regex-base-dev                   0.93.1-8
libghc6-regex-posix-dev                  0.94.1-2

I've tried running it under Ubuntu 10.04, and there it works. There,
these version are installed:
libghc6-regex-base-dev                   0.93.1-6
libghc6-regex-posix-dev                  0.93.2-5
libghc6-pandoc-dev                       1.5.1.1-3ubuntu1

It also works under up-to-date Arch Linux with these versions:
haskell-pandoc            1.8.1.1-1
haskell-regex-base        0.93.2-1.1
haskell-regex-posix       0.94.2-1

I can't really see what in GenerateManpage.hs is so sensitive to these
versions. It might of course be related to something completely
different. Can someone help me out here?

Regards,

Karl Ljungkvist