[xmonad] A few issues with xmonad I'd like to fix

wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu
Wed Jun 29 17:58:58 CEST 2011

http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad-contrib/XMonad-Layout-LayoutCombinators.html#7

> 2) When I ALT-TAB once and release ALT and TAB, I like to go back to
> the previous window in the stack instead of going forward again, is
> this possible ?

don't understand the request

> 3) Is there any bypass or automatic script that could do the "# cat
> /proc/####/fd/4" thing automatically when xmonad freezes?

Wouldn't it be better to just avoid having xmonad freeze, instead? It
looks like you're sending output to xmobar; does xmobar have a
PipeReader working? Could you paste your .xmobarrc somewhere for us to
take a look at?

http://braincrater.wordpress.com/2008/08/28/announcing-xmonad-light/

> 5) My desktops/workspaces 6 and 8 do not work.  When I MOD + 6 or
> MOD + 8, it doesn't switch to it at all and MOD + SHIFT + 6 or 8
> doesn't move the window to that workspace.  Maybe this is tied to
> the fact that I have an belgian azerty keyboard but I do use the
> azerty config.

The azertyKeys function appears to use raw hex-codes to specify the
workspace bindings, which, I must say, doesn't sound terribly
portable. I think a patch that replaced the hex-codes with their
equivalent xK_* named constants would be welcomed, and probably also
would reveal why they're not working for you.

In any case, it will help immensely to open up xev, whack your 6 and 8
keys, and take a look at the output there.

Good luck,
~d