[xmonad] A few issues with xmonad I'd like to fix
laurent.humblet at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 16:03:31 CEST 2011
I'm now using xmonad for two months and I really like it. I have a few
questions about some issues I'd like to fix so here there are:
1) I would like to use my keypad to switch to a given layout but I don't
know how to do it. For instance:
MOD + SHIFT + Keypad 1 => switch to 'tiled'
MOD + SHIFT + Keypad 2 => switch to 'Full'
2) When I ALT-TAB once and release ALT and TAB, I like to go back to the
previous window in the stack instead of going forward again, is this
3) Is there any bypass or automatic script that could do the "# cat
/proc/####/fd/4" thing automatically when xmonad freezes?
4) Is there some kind of online config generator ? Some kind of
from a set of checkboxes (azerty keyboard, add new layouts, etc). The
idea here is to ease the quick config setup for a non developer or for
someone less willing to learn and hack in Haskell for instance.
5) My desktops/workspaces 6 and 8 do not work. When I MOD + 6 or MOD +
8, it doesn't switch to it at all and MOD + SHIFT + 6 or 8 doesn't move
the window to that workspace. Maybe this is tied to the fact that I
have an belgian azerty keyboard but I do use the azerty config.
Here is my xmonad.hs config: http://pastebin.com/gd9LLn6U
The config still has some commented parts in it but it's fairly clean.
Thank you for your help.
More information about the xmonad