[xmonad] Issue 350 in xmonad: Investigate using Dyre for xmonad configuration

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Jan 5 04:15:37 CET 2011

Comment #9 on issue 350 by vogt.adam: Investigate using Dyre for xmonad
configuration

This may or may not belong to dyre's responsibility, but it would be nice
to specify that the xmonad.hs is compiled using the correct -package. If
Cabal permits, ghc's package names could include those hashes, so multiple
xmonad-0.9.2 could coexist (ex. global and user). Confusion resulting from
unexpected results from multiple xmonad installs happens often in #xmonad.
After a compile failure with restricted package versions fails, a second
attempt should be made without the -hide-all-packages.

That way multiple versions of xmonad could coexist for a single user, and
it may make install errors clearer. The only downside I see is excessive
code complexity. Haskell is more consise than my current description and
some parts may be in dyre, so it might be worthwhile.