[xmonad] switching to the workspace where a window just went?

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Thu Dec 29 03:36:13 CET 2011

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 17:25:33 -0800 (PST)
Lara Michaels <laramichaels1978 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> myKeys =
>
> [
> -- ....
> , ("M-<F1>", shiftTo Next EmptyWS)
> ]
>
> Now, I would like to have a different key combination (eg, M-<F2>) to
>

> - send the current window to the next empty workspace AND THEN
>
> - automatically take me to it (meaning, display the workspace to which
> that window was just sent on the physical display that currently has
> focus).

I'm almost blue-skying here. I have no idea if this would work, but it
at least type checks and might be a starting point:

, ("C-<F1>", shiftTo Next EmptyWS >> moveTo Next EmptyWS)

  <mike
--
Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org>		http://www.mired.org/
Independent Software developer/SCM consultant, email for more information.