[xmonad] Issue 182 in xmonad: Key bindings should be showable

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sat Dec 24 19:00:27 CET 2011

Comment #4 on issue 182 by wirtwo... at gmail.com: Key bindings should be
showable

Aye, #3 simply show defaults.

Assuming it's not a portability nightmare, it might be
better to open the XConfig terminal and echo the
bindings there. It would be more readable and leave
the user a terminal to work with afterward.

I don't think any solution chosen has to be too
perfect. Good enough is good enough.

For example, the terminal may not be installed, but
then again, XMessage may not be installed. And
whatever key is chosen people may not think to use it
till they've been told to. (Personally I'd never have
thought of M-?. But I don't want to muddy
the waters; that binding's fine with me.)

So first person to submit a reasonable patch gets my
vote, however it's implemented on whatever binding.