[xmonad] Cabal install problem

Tayfur Yilmaz yilmaz.tayfur at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 15:32:22 CEST 2011

Hi everyone
I have some problem for install 'cabal-install package'  I downloaded and
succesfully build a binary source ghc-7.0.2. Then I want to install
cabal-0.10.2 and ı see some warning and last output like this
Linking Setup ...
Configuring Cabal-1.10.1.0...
Setup: At least the following dependencies are missing:
base >=4 && <3 && >=2 && <5, unix >=2.0 && <2.5

Error during cabal-install bootstrap:
Configuring the Cabal package failed

Then ı want to use cabal-0.8 and output like this
Linking Setup ...
Configuring Cabal-1.8.0.2...
Setup: At least the following dependencies are missing:
base >=4 && <3 && >=1 && <5,
filepath >=1 && <1.2,
unix >=2.1 && <2.5

Error during cabal-install bootstrap:
Configuring the Cabal package failed

So Which compatible versiyon for cabal-install version I use Kde4 on
Pardus<http://www.pardus.org.tr/>

Best Regards