[xmonad] Unable to paste into appendFilePrompt

Daniel Schoepe daniel.schoepe at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 20 15:45:11 CEST 2011

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 16:08:59 -0500, Jesse <biodafes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I really like the utility XMonad.Prompt.AppendFile and have setup up a
> series of reminder files that are appendable through XMonad.Actions.Submap.
>  It seems however, that I cannot paste into the prompt that comes up.  That
> is I can't use ctrl-v or middle click.  It turns out that I actually want to
> do this quite a bit.  Is there something I am overlooking or is there a
> workaround/another method to get the same general functionality.  I am an
> extreme novice when it comes to haskell.  Thanks

Hi,

pasting is bound to Ctrl+y by default:
http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad-contrib/src/XMonad-Prompt.html#defaultXPKeymap

You change that by passing a custom XPConfig to the XMonad.Prompt
functions, where the promptKeymap field is modified accordingly.
For example:

import qualified Data.Map as M
..
myXPConfig = defaultXPConfig { promptKeymap = M.insert (controlMask, xK_v) pasteString defaultXPKeymap }
..
.. somePromptFunction myXPConfig

Cheers,
Daniel