[xmonad] override_redirect [was Re: xmonad problem or application stealing keys?]

Wirt Wolff wirtwolff at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 01:53:07 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Hans Ekbrand's message of Tue Aug 09 17:12:25 -0600 2011:

> I'm on debian, and tried out the different pdf-viewers available
> there. I liked zathura best, it's new and has a few bugs, but renders
> pages fast and works well in "fullscreen" managed by xmonad. zathura
> is my primary pdf-viewer now.

Not sure if your xpdf is xpdf-poppler or xpdf the original, venerable
ancient, but I've had no problems with xpdf-poppler (often called xpdf
just to confuse matters.) So it's worth a try if you liked xpdf better
than zathura.

If you're vim oriented apvlv is very nice.  I've never used the pre -1.1
versions, but there is an earlier version is in stable, and a nearly
current version in testing and experimental.

Regards,
wmw