[xmonad] Shift windows around

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Thu Sep 23 09:56:26 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 04:41:17PM +1000, Tony Morris wrote:
> Hello, I have 0 or more windows with a specific class name and I'd like to
> move each to its own workspace. Is this possible?

I'm not sure I fully understand what you want to do.  Is this
something you want to do immediately when each window is created? (In
that case a ManageHook may be indeed what you want.)  Or is this
something you would want to do at some later time?  Also, is there a
1-1 correspondence between class names and workspaces?  Or did you
mean that there are a bunch of windows with the SAME class name (say
"foo") and you want to take all the windows with class name "foo" and
move each to a separate workspace?

All of these are possible but the way to accomplish them depends on
precisely what you're trying to do.

-Brent