[xmonad] Re: Issue 413 in xmonad: Windows don't disappear

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Oct 15 18:39:42 EDT 2010

Comment #5 on issue 413 by srburnet: Windows don't disappear

Interesting. I neglected to mention that I sometimes get a stranger
behavior. Suppose I have desktop with two windows and have the screen split
so both windows are shown side by side (e.g., with the "Tall" layout). Then
sometimes when I switch to an empty desktop, only one of the windows
disappears; the other one is left on the display (but is not
actually "there", since I cannot interact with it).

Does xmonad do some weird things when it unmaps windows? Or perhaps this is
in fact an NVIDIA issue. I'll note that I've had this problem for a long
while now, with multiple driver versions.