[xmonad] Re: Issue 413 in xmonad: Windows don't disappear

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Oct 15 18:35:34 EDT 2010

Comment #4 on issue 413 by norbert.zeh: Windows don't disappear

I ran into the same problem just now.  Same setup: xmonad darcs, arch
linux, feh for setting the background, NVIDIA dual screen.  The caveats on
the background actually looked like *parts* of me emacs window, each with
nicely rounded corners.  Really strange.

Since I never had this problem using Debian on the same hardware before,
nor using arch on a single screen with an ATI graphics card, I am inclined
to think that this is not an xmonad issue and maybe blame the new X server
in arch, the bleeding edge NVIDIA driver or something like that.  I may of
course be completely off with this guess and would still like to know what
causes this behaviour and how to fix it.