[xmonad] Next release

Jan Vornberger Jan.Vornberger at Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE
Wed May 26 12:35:48 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 02:35:45PM -0400, Gwern Branwen wrote:
> Besides the BSD issues, I think this is the perfect opportunity to
> both take care of all outstanding patches and upgrade the 2 repos'
> formats.

I agree that the backlog of outstanding patches should be reduced - but
how was that handled in previous releases of xmonad? It seems to me,
that right before a release is the last time where you would want to
apply a considerable number of little-tested patches, isn't it?

Isn't the idea to let development happen over a certain amount of time,
then wait a little, let things settle and get the assurance that a fair
number of users are running xmonad-darcs without problems before
releasing it as a new stable version?

Well, of course for those patches that are strictly bugfixes with
limited scope it would be nice if they could be included in the release.

Regards!
Jan