[xmonad] Next release

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Tue May 25 14:35:45 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote:
> Jan.Vornberger:
>> Hi there!
>>
>> I feel a little bit like a child asking "are we there yet?", but it has
>> been four months since I asked this on this list the last time, so it
>> seems reasonable: Can we please release a Bluetile-compatible version of
>> xmonad and xmonad-contrib sometime soon? So that Bluetile no longer
>> depends on unreleased code that prevents it from being packaged?
>
> Let's do it. I should have time for some QA work next week.
>
> Spencer? Everyone else? Any blockers??

Besides the BSD issues, I think this is the perfect opportunity to
both take care of all outstanding patches and upgrade the 2 repos'
formats.

I worry that if we don't do them now (during a pre-release period
where changes are possible & licensed), then given everybody's
decreased interest, they will never get done.

--
gwern