[xmonad] Re: per-window keyboard layouts

Konstantin Sobolev konstantin.sobolev at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 00:55:42 EDT 2010

Update. First version works incorrectly with multiple workspaces due
to the fact that XMonad creates separate Layout copy for every
workspace, so we get a number of independent LayoutModifer (custom
data) instances instead of just one. (By the way, why is it
necessary?)

It took me some time to find a workaround; it assumes that different
workspaces have different tags. Here it goes, version 2:

http://hpaste.org/fastcgi/hpaste.fcgi/view?id=24417

It still has some problems though, e.g. doesn't recognize prompt
window, and I'm not sure it's possible to fix it without resorting to
low-level X programming; there seems to be no way to intercept the
moment when this window comes and goes.