[xmonad] xmonad for native OS X apps

James O'Beirne james.obeirne at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 23:36:06 EDT 2010

Hey all,

First I'd like to thank the developers for xmonad; it's a fantastic piece of work. This is so much the case that I'm finding myself frustrated with my new MacBook Pro's default operating system. I want real tiling, not some click-and-drag grid app that costs $13.

Xmonad, as things stand, only works under X11 for OS X. I'm curious as to what would be involved in extending (or perhaps forking) xmonad to deal with native OS X applications. Obviously, this would be arduous but

	i. Is it feasible?
	ii. If so, is there any interest in such development?

I don't know anything about Applescript, Quartz, or Cocoa, but I'd certainly be willing to learn should it be shown that a project like this is reasonable.

Thanks,
James