[xmonad] small problems with doFullFloat

Henrique G. Abreu hgabreu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 14:55:07 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 15:13, Wirt Wolff <wirtwolff at gmail.com> wrote:

> isFullscreen --> doF W.focusDown <+> doFullFloat

Nice workaround, don't give it the focus so it won't lose it when the mouse
leaves.
This will probably introduce another minor problems, but is still nice!
Like the Esc key will not close the window, since it does not have the
focus;
Also, if one uses X.H.FadeInactive the window will get faded out (which
could also be workarounded).

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 15:13, Wirt Wolff <wirtwolff at gmail.com> wrote:

> There's also fullscreen event hook in darcs Hooks.ManageHelpers you...

The fullscreen eventHook is in EwmhDesktops, not ManageHelpers :)

Henrique G. Abreu

> > Problem 2: The second problem is that the moment I move focus away from
> this screen (I have two monitors) the full-screen video disappears. Eg, if I
> move my mouse to the second monitor to edit an email then the full-screen
> video disappears.
>
> Try
>

> This seems to work for problem 2 for most users. I had the impression
> that the small-size mid-screen bar issue was a property of the player
> used by the site and flash version. At least it behaves that same way
> on certain sites for me using metacity too. Definitely could be wrong
> about that though.
>
> There's also fullscreen event hook in darcs Hooks.ManageHelpers you
> could try, but for me vlc and evince are the only apps I use that need
> it.
>
> regards,
> --
> wmw

Excerpts from Lara Michaels's message of Tue Jul 06 11:16:35 -0600 2010: