[xmonad] Creating a new package with cabal-install

Ralph Hofmann hofmann2004 at arcor.de
Wed Jan 27 12:26:26 EST 2010

I am just trying to follow this tutorial:

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/xmonad_development_tutorial

As I would like to use cabal-install, I tried "cabal install" from the
XMonadContrib directory to build and install the HelloWorld module, but
I got an error message in section 2.3 of the tutorial:

Resolving dependencies...
Configuring xmonad-contrib-0.9.1...
Preprocessing library xmonad-contrib-0.9.1...
cabal: can't find source for Xmonad.Actions.HelloWorld in .,
dist/build/autogen
xmonad-contrib-0.9.1 failed during the building phase. The exception
was:
exit: ExitFailure 1

What's wrong?

Cheers,