[xmonad] xmonad on solaris, input issue

Christian Walther cptsalek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 09:05:01 EST 2010

Hi there,

2010/1/25 Christian Walther <cptsalek at gmail.com>:
[...]
> Sorry, I'm completely at a loss here.
I was just reviewing my xmonad.hs when I came across the NumlockMask.
This is used to tell XMonad where the NumLock key is, because it might
influence ModMask. I recompiled xmonad using the default, and indeed:
If ModMask isn't explicitely set, ModMask doesn't work *when NumLock
is on*.
Is it possible that your NumLock is on (which is it by default even on
Sun keyboards)?

Regards
Christian

PS: Now I messed up installation. After moving back my old
configuration xmonad keeps crashing on me with "Illegal instruction
fault." Luckily I have a backup because I'm in a workshop and don't
have the time to debug this issue.