[xmonad] xmonad on solaris, input issue

Christian Walther cptsalek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 07:35:55 EST 2010

Hello Stephan,

2010/1/25 Stephan Schulz <ss.c at gmx.net>:
> On Sat, 23 Jan 2010, Christian Walther wrote:
>> On 23 January 2010 19:47, Stephan Schulz <ss.c at gmx.net> wrote:
[...]
> First, it's not my dedicated sparc box but my companies. Its a SPARC
> Enterprise M3000 Server and I'm connected to it through a SunRay with an USB
> keyboard. The Xserver is Xnewt. This means I cannot change any X-related
> configurations but I also think is isn't necessary as other windowmanagers
> work flawless. (I'm currently using a self-compiled fluxbox on it).

Now that's a nice box. :-)

> Any other tips?

Sorry, I'm completely at a loss here. I'm using a Sunray here, too
(connected to a T5240), so my setup is similar to yours. However,
there's difference in software: I used ghc 6.8.3 to compile xmonad.
Maybe there's a problem with your Haskell X11 library. You could try
to compile xmonad with ghc 6.8.3 directly.
I could send you a minimal xmonad binary, compiled using the
configuration you've given above. AFAIK ghc is static, which means
that if my xmonad binary works there really should be a problem with
your haskell environment.

Regards,
Christian