[xmonad] Copy/paste via keyboard

julien steinhauser Julien.Steinhauser at orange.fr
Fri Feb 19 05:28:00 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 10:59:05PM -0500, Chris Jones wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 09:46:05PM EST, Ivan Miljenovic wrote:
> > In which applications are you actually wanting to copy/paste?
>
> All/Any.
>
> > If you mean in the terminal,
>
> Which "terminal"?
>
> > that depends on which terminal you're referring to.  However,
> > shift-insert seems to normally paste and you can use applications like
> > xsel to copy output.
>
> Still does not tell me how I should _SELECT_ whatever I need to copy &
> paste.
>
> > Realistically, this kind of stuff is program-specific and nothing to do
> > with xmonad.

As others said, it depends on the program.
With gtk apps like web browsers, you can use shift-ctrl-arrows
to select with keyboard, but actually, selecting on gtk apps
is one of the only things i find easier and quicker to do with a mouse.

I guess the keyboard selecting feature is already implemented
 in your text editor. :)

You could also use view instead of less as a viewer.