[xmonad] Customizing xmonad on debian lenny

Chris Jones cjns1989 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 13:37:25 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 12:45:32PM EST, wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu wrote:
> Quoting Chris Jones <cjns1989 at gmail.com>:

[..]

> It might help if you say which ones you liked. Their authors would
> probably be pleased as punch. ;-)

Hm.. Sorry about that, I was generically thinking that the config files
& scripts were there and that I was just too dumb to figure out where
they were.. :-)

Actually, the ones that use dzen are all pretty good. The two xinerama
mostly pale green screenshots are aesthetically very pleasing, not what
I would use such colors myself.. would depress me in not time, but where
the good stuff really is the dzen gotmor site, particularly the last
screenshot, with just a status bar and a few widgets:

http://dzen.geekmode.org/dwiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?cache=cache&media=dzen:dzen_dbar_styles.png

What puzzles me is that it looks like contrary to xmobar, dzen does need
to be infoked from xmonad.hs, but then how does xmonad know that it's
there and needs to leave a gap for it at the top/bottom of the screen.

Thanks,

CJ