[xmonad] normal (rather than greedy) view: disable screen-focus switching?

wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu
Mon Aug 30 17:22:05 EDT 2010

Quoting Lara Michaels <laramichaels1978 at yahoo.com>:

> Following the FAQ I have disabled greedy view, so that when I ask
> xmonad to show a workspace on a screen that is currently visible (on
> a different screen) the two workspaces don't get toggled. This works
> very well for me, but I would prefer if xmonad would NOT switch the
> focus to the other screen when I do so.

There may be a contrib module for this. I don't know. In any case,
some untested code follows:

isVisible w ws = any ((w ==) . tag . workspace) (visible ws)
lazyView  w ws = if isVisible w ws then ws else view w ws

You can then use lazyView exactly as you would use view or greedyView
(it should have the same type). Good luck,
~d