[xmonad] Re: Re: xmonad-0.9.1 leaves zombie processes around

Tomáš Janoušek tomi at nomi.cz
Sun Apr 11 14:28:32 EDT 2010

Hello,

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 08:40:07PM -0400, Gwern Branwen wrote:
> 2010/4/10 Tomáš Janoušek <tomi at nomi.cz>:
> > On a system conforming to POSIX.1-2001, you just can. The easy solution would
> > be to call sigaction with the SA_NOCLDWAIT flag, but System.Posix.Signals
> > lacks the interface to do this :-(.
>
> So would the right thing be to improve that module and throw a
> conditional flag into xmonad to use it?

Absolutely. However, it's wired into the RTS, so I just opened a ticket --
<http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/3980>.

Since we're trying to maintain compatibility with older GHCs, I'll submit a
patch with "a silly wait-loop handler" shortly.

Regards,
--
Tomáš Janoušek, a.k.a. Liskni_si, http://work.lisk.in/