[xmonad] Announcement: Bluetile

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Fri Sep 4 10:43:33 EDT 2009

Hi Jan,

Am Donnerstag, den 03.09.2009, 20:02 +0200 schrieb Jan Vornberger:
> Here we go now, the 'official' announcement of Bluetile: A modern tiling
> window manager with a gentle learning curve.

this might be something that should be shipped by Debian. Do you already
know of some users of bluetile on Debian that would benefit from such a
package?

> It should be no problem to have xmonad and Bluetile installed at the
> same time. I made the modified versions of xmonad and xmonad-contrib
> that Bluetile depends on (called xmonad-bluetilebranch and
> xmonad-contrib-bluetilebranch) hidden, so they should not conflict with
> recompiling xmonad.hs for example. Still, I might have missed something.
> Let me know if you run into any problems.

Is there a chance to merge the -bluetilebranch’es into the mainline, so
that bluetile and xmonad can use the same library? Otherwise, packaging
it for Debian will be quite some hassle.

> The website also contains links to the repositories. As I said before, I
> will try to look into merging changes back to the xmonad code base.

Ah, ok, there is the answer :-). Jan, please make sure you ping me once
it’s possible to build bluetile against the released versions of xmonad
and xmonad-core.

Greetings,
Joachim
--