[xmonad] Announcement: Bluetile

Jan Vornberger Jan.Vornberger at Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE
Thu Sep 3 17:14:31 EDT 2009

Hi Yaakov!

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 10:28:10PM +0200, Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
> Hey Jan,
>
> 2009/9/3 Jan Vornberger <Jan.Vornberger at informatik.uni-oldenburg.de>:
> > Hello list!
> >
> > Here we go now, the 'official' announcement of Bluetile: A modern tiling
> > window manager with a gentle learning curve. As noted before, it is the
> > result of my school project I presented a while ago
> > (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.xmonad/7458/). Here is
> > a brief description of Bluetile:
>
> Congratulations!
>
> <snip>
>
> A packaging question. The original xmonad uses xmessage for compile
> errors. Do you still depend on this in any way?

The code that calls xmessage on compile errors is still there. But since
Bluetile does not support any kind of recompilation I don't see how this
code path could ever be triggered. And I don't use it anywhere else.
So no, xmessage is not needed for Bluetile.

Regards,

Jan