[xmonad] Re: Issue 317 in xmonad: Util.XSelection.putSelection repeatable hang

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Oct 30 18:22:02 EDT 2009

Updates:
	Owner: ---

Comment #10 on issue 317 by daniel.schoepe: Util.XSelection.putSelection
repeatable hang

Using forkOS is potentially dangerous in this case, since Xlib is not
reentrant.
Unfortunately, there are no bindings to Xlib's locking mechanisms in the
bindings at
the moment, so we'll either have to add and use those or risk some other
breakage or
even deadlocks when using forkOS.
Anyway, potential breakage still beats having a deadlock in every case.
(I'm unsetting the owner of this bug since I'm not very knowlegdeable
regarding these
issues)