[xmonad] Using TwoPane

Amy de Buitléir amy at nualeargais.ie
Wed Oct 28 11:59:15 EDT 2009

> (Assuming Alt-Tab is your key combo for switching focus between windows:)

Alt-Tab is my key combo for *cycling* through windows. I'm still in the
habit of clicking with the mouse to give the window the focus, but there's a
key combo for it that you can use instead.

> That's what I do too, which is exactly what I so clumsily tried to
> explain.  That leaves one of the windows you want in the master area,
> and the other in the non-master area (slave?).  Can you then switch
> back to the master area *without the window in the non-master area
> changing*?

I think I explained it badly. The way I do it, you don't need to switch
*back* to the master window because you're already there.

1. Click (or whatever you do to set focus) on master window.
2. Alt-tab (or whatever you do to cycle) as many times as needed to get the
window you want in the non-master area.

Now you can click (swap focus) between the master and non-master windows,
and they will stay the same.

Tonight when I'm on my normal computer, I'll try to do it entirely
mouse-free so I can write better instructions.

Amy